Wednesday 5 September 2012

Buy Kindle in Canada

Since Kindle has been introduced in the US market back in November 2007, it was not until 2009 that that it was made available internationally.

To buy Kindle in Canada, you have to go to Amazon Kindle international store. You cannot purchase it directly from Amazon’s Canadian website. Although you can also find it there, once you click on it, you will be redirected to Amazon.com.

Kindle is also available from some physical stores. When I decided to purchase Kindle, I actually went out to check them from those stores since I wanted to get one in the soonest possible time. But I stepped back when I realized that the price was a bit higher. The Kindle that they were selling was also acquired from Amazon website and they were just charging customers for the privilege of ordering Kindle for them.

With that in mind, I dismissed the need to get hold of it that day. I thought that I will have to go through the whole process of ordering, shipping, and waiting until it finally make it to my door. To my surprise, I received my Kindle on my doorstep 2 days after I ordered it. I selected the standard delivery and I did not expect it to arrive that early. It was a good decision on my part.

The second surprise that I got was when I took it out of the box. It was all ready for me to use without installing anything and creating any account for my future purchases. You may find it funny, but I actually got that feeling that the device was made especially for me.

Kindle comes in different variants. In Canada, the only variants available are: The new Kindle, which is made for pure reading, the Kindle DX, which is the biggest Kindle with the widest screen, Kindle Touch, and Kindle Keyboard that comes with a keyboard.

Some of the variants I mentioned come with Wi-Fi connection only, and some of them come with 3G/Wi-Fi connectivity. I think that it is important to check each of the variant’s connectivity since there’s a price difference of US $ 50 for 3G connection. If you own a wireless router at home for your Internet connection, 3G becomes useless for you if you are not traveling a lot. I actually purchased Kindle Touch 3G. When I took it out of the box, I have observed that it automatically picked up my Wi-Fi signal instead of 3G. Since I don’t travel a lot and I usually order eBooks when I have time to read at home, I have never been connected on 3G. Well, that was 50 dollars that I should have spent on cover instead.

Talking about Kindle cover, mine came without it, but I must say that I have never encountered any problem with it.

Owning a Kindle is one of the best decisions I have ever made. I commend Amazon for a job well done. With a reasonable price, I didn’t expect it to provide solid comfort and convenience for the purpose that it was designed for – to provide the best reading experience.

Additional Resources:
Kindle Touch in Canada
Kindle Reader Reviews
Where Can I Purchase a Kindle
Kindle Reader

No comments:

Post a Comment